(Not-So) Monthly Favourites

Due to having a limited budget, and being a bit of a creature of habit, I unfortunately don't have enough new favourites during one month to create a whole post about it. Which is why these posts are few and far between. 

I bought the small sized Caudalie Eau De Beauté back when I went to Paris in late 2014. I had vowed to myself that I would keep if for travelling, long haul flights etc. So I finally got chance to try it out on my flight to New York. After removing my makeup on the flight, I sprayed a few spritzes of this all over my face. I used it a couple more times throughout the flight when I just needed a little freshen up. I've heard many people complain about it's scent, but I find it very calming, which is a huge plus on a long flight. Anyway, I liked it so much, I simply couldn't avoid adding it into my morning skincare routine. I'm nearing the end of the bottle, and despite it's price tag, I'm very tempted to buy the larger size as I feel it really does give my skin a lovely radiance and I've not had nearly as many breakouts since I've been using it! 

I've been a fan of the Una Brennan Rose Hydrate Day Cream for quite some time now. It smells beautiful and does an amazing job at hydrating my skin. Since using this in combination with the Eau De Beauté, my skin has been loving it! I am truly addicted to this product! It's just a shame I can't find where to get it here in the US! 

I've been using the Max Factor Miracle Touch Creamy Blush in the shade Soft Murano for a simple, no makeup, makeup look most days for months now. It leaves a lovely soft radiance to the cheeks whilst still looking natural. I decided to try it as a lip colour and have since not stopped using it for this either! Strangely, I probably prefer it for this than I do blush (and I really love it as a blush)! It gives the lips a 'your lips but better' colour, which is quite subtle but very pretty. I need more of these! 

I've been wanting to try out products we cant get so easily in the UK whilst I'm here. So far I haven't found much that I think I will miss when I leave, but I have discovered Milani. A brand which I can't get hold of at home, it's very affordable and great quality. I'd run out of my favourite brow product - the Anastasia Brow Wiz and this Milani Easy Brow Automatic Eye Pencil caught my eye in CVS. I picked up the shade Natural Taupe and although the pencil is thicker than the Brow Wiz, I've had dozens of compliments on how my brows have been looking (and it's all down to this). One night on Skype my boyfriend even told me my eyebrows were looking 'smart'. I wasn't quite sure how to take that one but he tells me it's a compliment! And since when does my boyfriend ever notice my eyebrows? So it's safe to say it's doing a good job! 

I've loved the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder for years now, and haven't really strayed much from using it, until I found the Max Factor Creme Puff Pressed Powder. It took me a while to get over the old lady scent it has, but it does an amazing job at keeping the shine at bay and makeup on my face! 

If you've been reading my blog for a while now, you'll know that I'm a bit obsessive when it comes to counting my steps. I had the Moves app on my iPhone where I could track how many steps I took each day and quickly got addicted. When I moved to NYC I was given a Fitbit, which is quite a step up from the app, which probably wasn't the most accurate. You wear this like a watch and because you have it on you all day, it's a lot more accurate! A bonus is that it can even monitor your sleep. So even though it isn't the most glamorous looking gadget, I've become the girl that will walk forty minutes instead of taking a ten minute subway! Not complaining as I wouldn't be doing any other exercise! 

Saving best till last is my new Fountain Pen. These last two items are making me sound like a huge geek, but Ima just go with it. I've wanted a fountain pen for ages now and since I love writing letters, I thought I should be doing it in style! In a surprise package from my boyfriend came this gorgeous Cross Fountain Pen. Not only was this possibly one of the most thoughtful gifts I've ever been given, but it writes amazingly, and it also makes me feel like a proper little adult! Best boyfriend ever!

What are you currently loving?
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment